As per the World Travel and Tourism Council, the tourism sector of India contributed around 9.2% (Rs. 16.91 Lakh Crore) to the country’s GDP in the financial year 2018. This industry is expected to grow at a rate of 6.9% (Rs. 32.05 Lakh Crore) by the financial year 2028.
However, the country is also prone to road accidents during travel. According to reports, around 1.5 Lakh individuals lost their lives in road accidents during their travel in the year 2017. This growth in the road death number brings in the requirement for domestic travel insurance as financial protection.
Given below are some of the reasons behind the requirement of such insurance schemes:
- Higher sum assured
Under the domestic travel policy, you get to enjoy a higher sum assured against a minimal annual premium.
You can avail Pocket Insurance schemes like Domestic Holiday Cover offered by companies like Bajaj Finserv that offers financial emergency travel assistance from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1 Lakh. Under this scheme, you also get to avail coverage up to Rs. 3 Lakh for any financial loss due to theft or burglary in your house at the time of your journey.
- Easy application
You can apply for domestic travel insurance online conveniently. To apply, visit the official website of your insurer and fill an online application form. After you fill the form, furnish the required documents online and pay your premiums using any of the online payment methods.
- Extensive coverage
Under the domestic travel insurance in India, you get to enjoy comprehensive coverage. You can claim protection for:
- Roadside assistance – You can claim roadside assistance against the breakdown of your vehicle.
- Accidents – Enjoy coverage of up to Rs. 3 Lakh for events like accidents, loss of baggage, emergency medical requirement, cancellation of trips, etc.
Additionally, you can also avail Pocket Insurance scheme like Home Protection Insurance by Bajaj Finserv that offers a higher sum assured up to Rs. 5 Lakh against a minimal premium of Rs. 199 per year. This scheme protects you from any financial loss at your premises under the act of theft or burglary at the time of your trip.
- Emergency travel assistance – In case you are stranded during your trip, you can claim protection up to Rs. 50,000 if you travel within the country and up to Rs. 1 Lakh if you travel abroad. Under this domestic flight travel insurance India, you can claim the sum assured to manage the costs of your flight tickets, hotel booking, stay expenses, etc.
- ● Loss of cards – These schemes also provide financial assistance for the loss of your debit or credit card during a trip. You can avail Pocket Insurance schemes like Road Trip Cover by Bajaj Finserv that provides you with 24/7 single call card blocking services, which help during such situations.
- PAN card replacement- You can claim a free replacement PAN card charges in case you lose yours with this insurance policy.
- Multiple payment methods
Applicants can choose to pay their premiums using any of the below-mentioned payment methods.
- Mobile wallets
- Account transfer
- Net banking
Additionally, you can also choose to pay the premiums with your debit card or credit card.
Apart from the above, these insurance schemes offer an easy claim process. To claim, contact your insurer from the contact details provided on the official website of your insurance company. You will have to fill a claim form and furnish some required documents to proceed with the process.
Lastly, do make sure to check the inclusion and exclusion of your policy to avoid problems with your plan.