India is crisscrossed with several national highways connecting its northern, southern, eastern and western-most points with each other. There are 228 national highways in the country, covering the distance of over 131,326 kilometres in total. From upcoming industrial hubs to exotic locations, highways are the key for road trips and reaching your holiday destination.
The number of individuals opting for the on-road experience is increasing at an annual rate of approximately 15%. It is largely credited to the popularity of self-drive vehicle rental services, better roadside safety, accommodation, etc.
With this increasing number of road travellers, there is also a subsequent rise in the number of road trip travel insurance policies availed throughout India.
These insurance policies are essential to give you complete coverage against the numerous untoward incidents which can happen during your trip. You can get the much needed financial backing for a range of scenarios, from delays or accidental cancellations to loss of valuables like debit cards, credit cards, etc. Moreover, these insurance policies come with affordable premiums and quick claim settlement processes to ensure you enjoy a hassle-free trip.
There are several things you should know about the best holiday insurance for road trips. Here are some of the important details.
- One time membership fee – Road trip travel insurance plansbrought to you by Bajaj Finserv Pocket Insurance policies cost only Rs. 599 per member. You can additionally benefit from Travel Safe Membership for one year against this amount.
- Insurance coverage – if you are looking for the best holiday insurance coverage, check whether the insurance policy covers the basics such as –
- Protection against loss or theft of valuables – Prevent any misuse of your debit or credit card in case of a loss or theft of the same. Top insurance policies such as the Road Trip Travel Insurance Plan include one-call card blocking services to prevent such misuses.
- Large financial assistance – You can also benefit from financial coverage of up to Rs. 50,000 against accommodation and transportation in case of an emergency. The insurance coverage also provides financial assistance of up to Rs. 3,00,000 against loss of baggage.
- Roadside assistance – The best road trip travel insurance policies include prompt 24×7 on-road assistance across more than 500 locations throughout the country. You can also get breakdown support over the phone, towing assistance, and on-spot repair facilities like battery jumpstart and so on. Such insurance policies also offer coverage up to 5 litres of fuel for 4-wheelers and 2 litres of fuel for 2-wheelers, in case of emergencies.
- Application process – You can apply for a road trip travel insurance policy online. The application process is simple and time-saving; you only have to provide some of the essential details in the application form such as –
Personal details –
- Date of birth
Contact details –
- Mobile number
- Email address
- House/flat number
- Street name
- Pin code
Travel details –
- Departure date
- Nominee name
You can initiate your insurance coverage with the one-time membership fee after you submit the necessary information.
- Documents – You have to submit only some essential documents to apply for a road trip insurance. These include KYC documents and the Travel Safe membership letter.
- How to claim the insurance – In case of loss or theft of cards, you can make an insurance claim by contacting the helpline number within 24 hours of the incident. You can also avail emergency assistance from the insurer with only the evidence why you require the aid.
Travel insurance schemes cover you against many unfortunate incidents which can happen during your journey.